Warlows Legal are construction law experts. With over 20 years legal and commercial experience, Warlows Legal has the length and breadth of construction law covered.
Our Construction Lawyers are particularly experienced in the following legislation:
- Access to Neighbouring Land Act 2000;
- Building and Construction Industry Security of Payments Act 1999;
- Building Professionals Act 2005;
- Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979; and
- Home Building Act 1989.
Our construction team provides a comprehensive range of legal services for developers, investors, owners, vendors, purchasers, property funds and significant overseas corporate investors in the Australian real estate market.
We work with our clients on every phase of construction projects, from acquisition of buildings and sites, through to development, amalgamation of portfolios, leasing and sales. We have significant expertise in advising on the structure of developments, including where there are multiple uses, various stratum lots, shared facilities, easements and contributions to expenses.
We engage both our legal and business minds to meet your legal needs within a Fixed Fee system approach to Construction law, wherever possible.
Security of Payment Act
Security of Payment legislation protects businesses operating in all jurisdictions of Australia. Warlows’ construction lawyers have broad knowledge of the operation of the statutes and their effect on businesses in the construction industry.
A deep understanding of the intricacies of the legislation enables Warlows’ construction lawyers to advise businesses about their rights regarding payment in an effective and comprehensive manner. Legislative compliance is crucial as breaching legislation can often lead to severe consequences for businesses.
We often advise our clients in the construction industry on the following four matters:
- Progress Claims are the primary action in recovering debts owing from principals who are attempting to avoid making payments in full. We can guide you through the processes and requirements of submitting legally compliant progress claims.
- Payment Schedules are the first and most important response to claimants. It is crucial to draft and deliver payment schedules pursuant to the strict requirements of the legislation. In order to avoid potential lengthy disputes, we always advise our clients of the need to provide thorough and detailed payment schedules.
- Adjudications are the legislative processes for the enforcement of rights and the resolution of disputes. Warlows’ construction lawyers are able to offer high-level professional advice regarding adjudications and can prepare responses for clients that have the effect of reducing the length and costs of disputes.
- Contracting is the most crucial element of running a successful construction business. Warlows’ construction lawyers are able to draft, review and advise about construction contracts of all sizes in a cost-effective and timely manner.
Our strong understanding of the Security of Payment statutes allows us to advise your business in an effective and economical manner. Our years of experience in construction law provides us with the ability to achieve great success for you and your business.
Click here to view recent changes and insight into construction law.
Get in touch with us for a quote:
Tel +61 3 8554 3800