Charities & Not-For-Profit Expertise
Our lawyers are actively involved in the charity and not-for-profit sector by way of charity director/board positions and charity advisory roles. As such, our lawyers have experienced firsthand the sorts of challenges encountered by charities and not-for-profits. With this experience, our lawyers are well positioned to understand the broader culture and context of any charity or not-for-profit advice.
Our lawyers are committed to providing expert advice in relation to tax exemptions, corporate governance, litigation, partnerships and collaborations, or funding.
Our team has experience assisting charities with the following:
- advising on appropriate legal structure and preparing governing documents;
- meeting legislative and regulatory requirements;
- GST compliance and availability of duty exemptions;
- fundraising registration;
- employment law;
- corporate governance;
- government funding advise;
- establishment of charitable trusts and bequest clauses in Wills;
- intellectual property advice;
- litigation and dispute resolution; and
- risk assessment.
Our team are well practiced at establishing best practice protocols to ensure your charity complies with the relevant legislation, and delivering transparency and accountability.
We have vast experience providing charities and not-for-profit organisations with a range of other commercial legal services, including: advice on contracts, property transactions, investments, and joint ventures.
Get in touch with us today to register your charity or not-for-profit, or to discover how to can assist your organisation.
Articles From Our Lawyers:
- What to do if you’ve been asked to run a charity?
- Tax Effective Giving: Charitable Distributions Through Discretionary and Charitable Trusts
- How To Avoid Complaints About Your Charity
- Is My Fundraiser Event Tax – Deductible?
- Expanding Possibilities for Tax Deductibility?
- Hot Cereal and Not-for-profits; Terms misunderstood
- Registering Unincorporated Charities; you can never go wrong with a suit
- So, you’re a registered PBI…but do you know about your legal entitlements?
- Hey Charities- Where are you? 300 charities “missing”
Click here to view further insight into charity and not-for-profit law.
Get In Touch With Us For A Free Quote:
Tel +61 3 8554 3800